Tips to Prevent Pests Around Your House
In our South Florida environment, we are subjected to a wide variety of pests that can appear on our property. It is important that we are mindful of several actions to prevent these bugs, insects and rodents from becoming a common occurrence. Read the list below to learn more!
Follow these simple tips to prevent pests in your home:
- Minimize food sources for pests such as rats, mice, and cockroaches.
- Don't store garbage outside in plastic bags; put garbage in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Don't allow bird seed to accumulate on the ground, or leave pet food out overnight.
- Don't leave ripe fruit and vegetables under trees or in the garden to decay.
- Avoid putting food scraps into unscreened compost piles.
- Eliminate pest hiding places and breeding sites.
- Remove nearby stumps, dead trees and wood and debris piles.
- Store firewood away from the house.
- Trim weeds, especially along the foundation, deck, and patio.
- Eliminate potential mosquito breeding sites by turning over cans and buckets, boats, and wheelbarrows, by removing old tires, by cleaning gutters and bird baths, and by eliminating standing water.
Contacting your local professional pest control company will always be your most effective and convenient solution when it comes to preventing pests on your property. For trusted service you can rely on, give the experts from Vulcan Pest Control a call at (561) 791-2400.