How to Choose a Pest Control Company
When you need professional help with pests, how can you be sure the pest control company will treat you fairly and do a good job? Choose a pest control company just as careful as you would choose an electrician or insurance agent. Don’t just shop on price. The cheapest service isn’t necessarily the best deal.
Who to Call?
Where do you start when choosing a pest control company?
- Ask friends, neighbors, associates. Good companies have satisfied customers.
- Use only a state licensed company. If in doubt, ask for evidence of state licensing and certification.
- Choose an established company that has a fixed place of business and a business license.
- Look for a company that is a member of a state or local pest control association, and/or the National Pest Control Association.
- Check with your local Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, or Consumer Affairs Office to see it there have been many complaints about the company. You can also check the company’s record with your state’s pest control regulatory agency (usually the state Department of Agriculture).
Getting a Bid
- For large jobs such as a termite treatment or fumigation, or for long term contracts, consider getting bids or proposals from more than one company.
- The company should visit the premises, conduct an inspection, discuss evidence of pests, and outline a control program.
- The company should be willing and able to discuss the service proposed and address your questions or concerns.
Guarantees / Warranties
- Does the company otter a good guarantee? You should be wary of any company that does not stand behind its work.
- Make sure you know which actions may void the warranty. For example, a termite treatment warranty may be deemed null and void it there have been structural alterations around the foundation.
- Check insurance coverage. Do not deal with a company that is uninsured.
- Make sure the company you choose has liability and property damage insurance to protect you should an accident occur, and workers’ compensation insurance to help protect you should an employee of the contractor be injured on your property.
Always keep these tips in mind when you are in need of services from a local and professional pest control company. For trusted service you can rely on, the experts from Vulcan Pest Control are here to help. Give us a call today at (561) 791-2400.